I have been on Twitter for quite a while, but I must admit that it took me a lot of time to really understand what Twitter is about, and why it is a great tool for bloggers, leaders and for everyone else!
The most important person who could read this article would probably be my wife. She does not understand what Twitter is about and can’t understand why should would need anything else than Facebook. Well, here you can find some reasons as to why on earth you should use Twitter!
1) Twitter makes it easy to see what’s going on around you On Twitter you can easily see what people are up to in less than 1 minute. You can find information about their newest blog posts, see updates and find out what they are up to. It is very efficient and requires much less time than Facebook.
2) Twitter only lets you see what you want to see Facebook is loaded with ads and sponsored posts and you do not at all get to see only what you want to see, but a whole lot of other stuff. There are some promotion and promoted posts available on Twitter, but these are so seldom that you do not need to worry about them.
3) Twitter is short, sharp and with fire I said earlier that Twitter is fast and efficient. One of the great things is the limit on the message size. You are not allowed to write more than 140 characters, so you need to make it short, sharp and with fire. People are often skeptical to the short message size, but after a while they get used to it, and after some more minutes they start to love it.
4) Twitter has great application for smartphones The Twitter applications available for smart phones are very easy to use and you can easily switch between different users, write new tweets, share pictures on the run, retweet a good post and write personal messages. A great tool and it makes it very easy to update and to stay updated, even when out doing business somewhere.
5) Get to know what people think about important subjects One of the coolest things with Twitter is that you can find out what other people write on important matters. As you tweet you can use a hashtag to make it understood what kind of subject you write about. After writing you can see what other people write on the same subjects and in that way you can keep the discussion going, also with people you don’t know (yet). In addition you can always find trendy topics and hashtags on the home page of Twitter.
6) It’s fun If I didn’t like it, I wouldn’t use it. After a long time being a passive guy on Twitter I have now started to like it a lot. Maybe you will as well? Check it out. Register at Twitter.com!
If you have used Twitter for a long time, but still feel lost in the world of tweets, I can warmly recommend this article by Michael Hyatt where he shares what kind of stuff are worth tweeting about on Twitter.