Are you using the Compose theme currently in your WordPress installation? Do you like the theme, but you do have a little problem and thing that annoys you, and that is the footer text which says: “Built with Compose.” Would you like to have this message removed? This is how to do it!
Remove Built with Compose
Follow these steps and you will get rid of the text within shortly!
- Open you Dashboard for your WordPress installation.
- Press Appearance and select Editor.
- In the right bar find footer.php and press it.
- Scroll down in the footer.php until you find the following text.
<?php if ( get_theme_mod( ‘compose_credit’ ) !== ‘no’ ) : // Get the button text ?>
<p><?php printf( __( ‘Built with %1$s’, ‘compose’ ), ‘<a href=”http://www.weborithm.com/compose”>Compose</a>, ‘, ” ); ?> © <?php bloginfo( ‘name’ ); ?></p>
<?php else : ?>
<p>© <?php bloginfo( ‘name’ ); ?></p>
<?php endif; ?>
</div><!– .compose-credit –>
- If you simply want to remove the Built with Compose text, then you can delete the following part.
- Now press update file and you should be ready to go!
There are though a few things you need to know and should know before proceeding with these steps!
- If you for some reason delete the wrong text, or just delete a few signs to much or to little the entire page will freeze and getting it back up and working will require some FTP skills and manually editing the footer.php file (and afterwards uploading it using an FTP client). Or download the theme manually and simply upload the basic footer.php belonging to the theme, overwriting your “new version” of the file.
- Whenever you decide to update the theme (as new updates are released) you will need to manually remove the footer over again!
Hope this has helped, and if you have questions or comments, just write in the comment field! God bless!