I am just sitting here by my computer and looking at a WordPress blog when I see the following message in the footer “Copyright 2015 | MH Newsdesk lite by MH Themes.” I am not sure about you, but such footers really annoy me, and that is why I would clearly want to remove it. But, how can I remove that text from my WordPress theme?
If you want to remove the text “Copyright 2015 | MH Newsdesk lite by MH Themes” or at least modify it a bit, then this is what you need to do.
- Open your WordPress admin.
- Go to Appearance – Editor
- Look for footer.php
- Open footer.php and remove the following text:
<p class=”copyright”><?php printf(__(‘Copyright %1$s | MH Newsdesk lite by %2$s’, ‘mh-newsdesk-lite’), date(“Y”), ‘<a href=”‘ . esc_url(‘http://www.mhthemes.com/’) . ‘” rel=”nofollow”>MH Themes</a>’); ?></p>
- Either delete the entire thing, or delete everything from the <?php print lasting until </a>’); ?>. Then write whatever footer text you want in bewteen the <p> codes.
- Do not forget to backup your footer.php in case you should get trouble, because if something is done wrong your entire blog will freeze down and you need to upload your backup of footer.php using FTP or some similar tool to get it back up and working.
Hope these instructions have helped you. If you have further questions or a comment, just write!