I just tried to activate Jetpack on a blog that a friend of mine operates, but for some reason I received the error message above as I tried to activate Jetpack. So, what did I have to do? I did some Googling, and luckily I found a solution, so now I have Jetpack up and running on the blog.
So, what can you do if you get the following error message as you try to activate Jetpack on your WordPress blog?
I can not guarantee that this solution will solve the problem for you like it did for me, but hopefully it will. Just follow these steps, which I followed myself to get this working.
- Download the WordPress plugin Core Control.
- Activate Core Control.
- Go to Tools – Core Control.
- Check the box next to "HTTP Access Module."
- Save and press the External HTTP access in the menu at the top.
- Look for cUrl and Disable Transport.
- Now you should try to activate Jetpack again.
This worked for me, and just to be nice I went back and reversed all my changes done with Core Control (I activate transport for cUrl and removed the check from HTTP Access Module). Then I disabled the plugin and everything is working great. Hope this has helped you as well!